Thursday, March 14, 2013

Outfit of the Week: Colorful Professional

Outfit of the Week:  Colorful Professional

By:  Lauren Francis-Jackson
 
 
In my job as a speech pathologist in early intervention, my day to day attire is relaxed because I sit and play on the floor with kids all day long!  However, I do like to dress it up for meetings!  So I was going to an IEP Meeting with a family, and rocked color with style!  So here is the lowdown on what I wore:
 
 
Polka Dot Blazer- Target buy for $25
 
Colorful Scarf- Target buy for $10
 
Peach Top- Target for $20
 
Purple Jeggings- Ashley Stewart on sale for $20
 
Rain Boots with Burberry like pattern-  DSW for $40
 
 
I love Target for cheap yet fun fashion!  Their tops, accessories (scarves, earrings, necklace, bracelets, etc.), shoes, and flowy dresses work well for me!  I find that being plus sized that their jeans/pants are hit or miss.  Their jeans/pants usually fit too snug in the hips or bottom.  Ashley Stewart is a great option for jeans that have a great fit. 










 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
One of my favorite parts of this outfit  is the scarf!  The rich colors in this scarf  make it an easy accessory with any outfit.  I rocked this scarf in a previous YT video as a headwrap.  The colors in the scarf  are anchor the whole outfit, and bring it all together.  Check out my funky style!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~The Sisterlocked Diva

2 comments:

  1. I love colour awesome style Lady :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leisha! Thanks for following the blog, and the compliment! I love color and believe even at work it can be tastefully done!

    ReplyDelete