Friday, December 14, 2012

Ashley Stewart's Diva Night


Ashley Stewart's Diva Night: My First Event

By: Lauren Francis-Jackson
 
 
On December 13th, I was invited by Ashley Stewart for Diva's Night!!  This was a promotional event for the store to promote their 1-day sale of 25% off of most items.  I was planning to come out to discuss Winter Beauty Routines with their natural customers as well as promote my Facebook and Twitter pages as well as the blog.  Doing an event when you are under the weather is quite challenging, however I am glad that I pushed through! 
 

The Look

In my beauty preparation, I went with eye shadows in the green and bronze range from Ulta.  I like their four eye shadow compacts-- all of the shades compliment each other nicely!  Then, I used M.A.C.'s Ruby Woo lipstick with cinnamon lipgloss overtop by Cacique (Lane Bryant).  I love red lips for the winter holiday season!  I did go to Wheaton Spa & Nails for my mani and pedi and I have two words: too slow!  Took them 3 hours to do the same service I get in 1.5 hours at my regular place.  However, I will say their work was excellent.  Since it was an Ashley Stewart event, I went with this jumper I recently purchased from them.  This cream jumper with gold polka dots was on sale last night for $40!
 
 

The Experience

I met a few women who came in to shop and we talked about their journey with natural hair!  I got some nice compliments like, "You are wearing that jumper, girl!" that made me smile.  There was a woman who was transitioning and seemed unsure of what to do next.  She had kinky twists in, and had been wearing braided styles since June.  We talked about importance of caring for your hair in the protective style.  When she asked me about the big chop experience, my advice was to do it when you are ready!  Then, I met a lady with traditional locs who had a gorgeous updo, and happens to sell jewlery as well.  We will connect for business and will collaborate in the future!  Even though the traffic flow in the store wasn't busy enough for a chat, I did met some new ladies who are at different stages of their natural journey, met a new business connect, and promoted the blog.  Shout out to Myra Hopkins who came out to support!  One big lesson learned with my first event experience was to plan logistics and what both of us want to see from the event.  Fun times ahead!
 
 
~The Sisterlocked Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment