Monday, February 18, 2013

The Sisterlocked Diva Photo Shoot: Fabulous for 2013!

The Sisterlocked Diva Photo Shoot: Fabulous for 2013!

By:  Lauren Francis-Jackson
 
 
As I am gaining popularity in the natural hair community, I thought I should do a photo shoot to promote my blog and myself as a natural hair and beauty blogger!  So I contacted El-Shamesh Photography for several reasons.  I had seen many examples of his work on Instagram, which included shots on fabulous natural hair!  All photographers may have skills with shooting pictures, however I learned with a previous photo shoot experience that not all "good" photographers know how to focus in on hair and beauty.  I wanted the pictures to translate that I love fashion, beauty,a nd my natural hair in sisterlocks!  I also liked that he has experience shooting events and had worked with celebrities in the DC area and other regions of the country.  As I am considering adding events to The Sisterlocked Diva repertoire, I will need a trusted photographer to hold that down! 
 
As I was planning for the photo shoot, I knew hair and makeup had to be fresh to death!  I decided to do my own hair in a Bantu Knot Out ultimately-- the original plan was a rod set, but it was not coming together as I wanted it to (and that's natural hair for you!)!  So I used Taliah Waajid's Crinkles & Curls and water to set the Bantu Knots and let it air dry while I was getting my makeup done.  As far as makeup, I was going to try the makeup skills of one of my new makeup artist friends, Treya Manning!  However, she had an event that day so I went with my backup-- the MAC counter.  I ended up choosing a random makeup artist as a walk in to the Macy's at The Mall at Prince George's.  Sherita BEAT my face into oblivion, and I was too cute for my shoot!  She was a friendly and bubbly makeup artist who is pursuing her doctorate degree at my Alma Mater, University of Maryland at College Park!  She chose the makeup colors, and went to work!  She chose this amazing blush that was kind of pinkish purple in color, and it looked beautiful on my skin!  With hair and makeup ready, I was ready to step into my fly outfit of choice.  I went with a cream jumper with gold specks that I purchased at Ashley Stewart a few months ago before the holidays.  Paired with a white heel, that jumper was absolutely stunning against the beautiful folliage scenery!  So enjoy a few photos from the shoot-- the entire photo selection is available for viewing on my Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/The.Sisterlocked.Diva)!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment