Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Battle of the Pinks: Which is the Winner?

Battle of the Pinks:  Which is the Winner?

by:  Lauren Francis-Jackson
 
 
Normally, I am a lipgloss diva all the way!  Now, I like to layer lipstick with a lipgloss, giving it a brighter hue.  I like the color pink for lips!  I like soft pinks, hot pinks, subtle pinks, etc.!  However, for a staple like lipstick I don't always believe you have to spend the big bucks at MAC, Sephora, and NARS everytime to get a decent lip shade.  I went to a CVS near my home and purchased these three shades.  I purchased
  • L'Oreal Colour Rich Golden Grape
  • Maybeline COLORsensational Peachy Scene
  • Salma Hayek Nuance Passion Pink
I liked all three shades but I did have my favorites!  In the above picture, it is the darkest shade displayed on my arm.  Because of its darker color and the color of my lips, I didn't really see the pink on me (top right quadrant).  I think this color would have looked better if layered with a lip gloss in a lighter shade to made the lipcolor more visible.  Second shade I liked the pale pink shade of the Peachy Scene (bottom left quadrant).  This is a shade that can work for the office or for after work fun!  Then, my favorite was Salma Heyek's Nuance Passion Pink!  This shade is popping on my lips.  Gives the right amount of color, and looks great whether or not it is layered with a lipgloss.  Hot pink lips, please and thank you!
 
Do you rock pink lips? Which color did you like the best?  Would you rock any of these shades of pink?
 
~The Sisterlocked Diva
 


No comments:

Post a Comment