Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Spotlight with Her Fab Box

Sunday Spotlight With Her Fab Box

By:  Lauren Francis-Jackson
 

Sunday Spotlight features business owners, natural divas, beauty companies, bloggers, and more sharing their story with The Sisterlocked Diva family!  Recently, I had the pleasure of interviewing Her Fab Box creator, Kathy P.!  Her Fab Box is an up and coming subscription box service including hair products and more!  Read my interview below as I chat it up with Kathy: 


The Sisterlocked Diva:  Hi Kathy, I appreciate taking time to chat with me about your product!  Tell me about your natural journey.

Her Fab Box: My natural journey there is not much to it!  My stylist told me about going natural since I was having lots of issues with hair.  I knew nothing about natural hair so I began to do my research. 

The Sisterlocked Diva: What kind of damage were you getting from relaxers?

Her Fab Box:  I was experiencing lots of shedding, much more than what is considered typical. I even had a blad spot!  Those relaxers were too harsh for my hair. 

 
The Sisterlocked Diva: Yikes!  I had a similar experience in college-- my stylist suggested to stop relaxing as well.  Once you went natural, what kind of changes did you see?

Her Fab Box: My hair grew longer and thicker!  It was amazing that my hair surpassed the length it was when I was relaxed.  My hair was always shorter and thiner with a perm.  That bald spot I had-- hair began to grow and I no longer have any bald spots.

The Sisterlocked Diva:  It's crazy that when one goes back to natural hair, previous issues like shedding and bald spots resolve when we stop using chemicals to straighten our hair.  My area was the "kitchen", and my hair would never grow back there.  Almost immediately, my hair was growing like wildfire back there!

Her Fab Box: Yeah, I wished I would have went natural years ago!

The Sisterlocked Diva: Agreed!  Who inspires your natural journey?

Her Fab Box: I can’t pinpoint a particular person.  I read a lot of other peoples blogs and read their stuff for tips and ideas on hair care and styles. 

The Sisterlocked Diva:  It is helpful to read what others are saying about their journey-- it might work for you too!  What other bloggers do you follow?

Her Fab Box:  I mainly read Curly Nikki, NaturallyCurly.com, and Glamazon!

The Sisterlocked Diva:  I enjoy reading those bloggers as well! How did the concept of Her Fab Box come about? How long have you been in production?

Her Fab Box: I recently subscribed to a popular subscription box and I was just finding that they focus on one thing like hair or makeup.  I was looking for one that had different kind of beauty and hair items but never found one so I created it!  Her Fab Box has been in production for four months. Nowadays, there is a box out there that delivers anything you would want-- makeup, new hair products, etc.  They are great for product junkies because I know I am one!  

The Sisterlocked Diva:  I love the box of beauty goodies concept!  What is typically in a Her Fab Box?

Her Fab Box:There are several items of box, however it varies from month to month.  Typically, you can look forward to hair products, hair accessories, beauty products (e.g., lip gloss), nails, scarves.  If it makes you feel fabulous, it’s in the box!

The Sisterlocked Diva: Love all of the fabulosity!  What is your opinion of the popular CurlKit and CurlBOX boxes?

Her Fab Box: It makes it affordable to try many products!  As a PJ, it opens you up to many products and product lines.  I love it!

The Sisterlocked Diva:  I hear great things about these hair subscription boxes!  What is the cost of your subscription for Her Fab Box?

Her Fab Box: Well there are three price option boxes of $25, $15, and $10. 

The Sisterlocked Diva: What’s the difference between three boxes?

Her Fab Box: In the $25 box, you will receive full sized products, deluxe sample sizes, samples, etc.  In the $15 box, you will receive no full sized, yet receive all the other products in the $25 box.  The $10 box is the 2 plus 1 box, meaning you could receive two jewlery and a random product for example. 

The Sisterlocked Diva:  Prices to fit every budget!  Do you offer month to month subscriptions? If so, does the month to month cost more?

Her Fab Box:  It is a month to month subscription so the prices are standard whether you are an ongoing customer or just give it a try for a month.  You have the option to postpone or end the service.  You can cancel or suspend your box the day before the automatic payment comes out of your account. 

The Sisterlocked Diva: I like how the subscription is flexible!  How do you decide on the products to include in the box?

Her Fab Box: I have a team of people, consisting of a range of age groups and as a team we decide on products.  A product goes in the box if it has been tried before or if they always wanted to try it.
 
The Sisterlocked Diva:  Are there products you are dying to include in Her Fab Box?

Her Fab Box: There are some major hair companies that I have been in communication with me.  I am hoping they can contribute to the box. 

The Sisterlocked Diva:  Can you share which companies??

Her Fab Box:  No, I cannot at this time since there hasn't been confirmation from these companies.

The Sisterlocked Diva:  Ok ok, I understand that!   I a msuper excited about your possible partnerships! Can you purchase subscriptions for Her Fab Box as a gift for someone else?

Her Fab Box: Only during holiday months!  Like right now you can purchase a February box for someone else!  I may reconsider this option in the future.

The Sisterlocked Diva:  Hope you do!  Do you plan to expand the product options for the Her Fab Box? What will you include?

Her Fab Box: I think I may add gift cards in the future but not at this time. 

The Sisterlocked Diva:  How can I get a subscription for Her Fab Box?

Her Fab Box:  Go on the website and click on the 'Get The Box'!  The websitesharlocked Diva:  Easy!  Lastly, where can we find you on the web?

The Sisterlocked Diva:  Where can we find you on the web for more information.

Her Fab Box:  I am on Facebook and Tumblr as 'Her Fab Box'.  I am on Instagram and Twitter as 'herfabbox'.  My website is http://www.herfabbox.com.

The Sisterlocked Diva:  Great!  Well thank you for sharing about Her Fab Box with The Sisterlocked Diva! 

Her Fab Box:  Thanks, I appreciate you as well!


~The Sisterlocked Diva
 

No comments:

Post a Comment