Friday, January 18, 2013

Diva Letters: How Soon Can I Wash My Locs?

Diva Letters

By: Lauren Francis-Jackson
 
 
Martina, a loc'd diva beginning her loc journey, asks:
 
Hello Diva,
How soon can I wash my locs?  I have been loc'd for a month now.  Also, how do I wash my locs for the first time-- with or without a stocking cap?
 
The Sisterlocked Diva's Reply:
Congrats Martina on making it through your first month of your loc journey!  It has been an interesting journey I am sure so far-- learning about natural hair care in a different state.  With starter locs, it varies when you should wash your starter locs including the method used to begin your locs, and curl pattern.  You began your locs with two strands and have more of a loose and wavy curl pattern.  I would suggest using clips and/or rubber bands to secure your hair-- this will help the twists with minimal unravelling.  Then, you should shampoo your locs with the stocking cap.  The shampoo should be diluted-- mixture in a spray bottle or color bottle with long spout.  Washing your hair through a stocking cap also will help with unravelling.  After washing and rinsing thoroughly, retwist any locs that may have unravelled.  You can allow your loc babies to air dry!!  Good luck with your first wash!
 
~The Sisterlocked Diva


 

No comments:

Post a Comment