Tuesday, January 15, 2013

In the Rotation: Makeup Basics For Everyday


In the Rotation  Makeup Basics For Everyday

By: Lauren Francis-Jackson
 
 
I am truly a lover of anything that can enhance one's beauty, however that was not always me.  When I was a teenager, I had no interest in makeup!  Nope, nothing at all-- not even a clear lip gloss.  I was all about basketball and the books.  I looked at my friends in high school with the caked on makeup like they were crazy!  Clogging pores was not on my schedule!  However, when I became interested in makeup, my mom took me to the Channel Counter at Neiman Marcus (yes she was such a diva herself :-)   I was shown how to apply makeup like a pro at age 23.  In the few years since then (just play along ;-), I have modified what I have learned to fit my needs!  So here's my everyday makeup essentials:
 
  • Brushes: Angular Eye Shadow Brush (for eye lid and to fill in eyebrows), powder brush, blush brush, rounded eye shadow brush
  • Flora Roberts Brow Powder
  • Neutral shades: light pink, bronze, tan, pale purple, light blue, beige
  • Power Colors (colors that pop): emerald green, teal, plum, aqua blue, gold, silver
  • Blush: pale pink, cranberry
  • Mascara: Mary Kay's Lash Love
  • Foundation:  Mary Kay's Foundation Primer & Mineral Powder combo OR Flora Roberts Oil Blotting Powder & MAC Pressed Powder Foundation
  • Concealer
  • Lip Gloss:  Clear, light pink, bronze, nude
  • Water
  • Brush Cleaner

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Even though it seems like a long list-- I have my routine down to less than 10 minutes.  Stay tuned for a future YT video on my makeup application routine!
 
~The Sisterlocked Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment