Saturday, January 5, 2013

Product Review: Taliah Waajid's Crinkles & Curls

Product Review:  Taliah Waajid's Crinkles & Curls on Sisterlocks

By:  Lauren Francis-Jackson
 
I have been wanting to try this product after hearing such rave reviews from many sisterlock wearers!  I finally got it earlier this week, and used it to reset my curls with a recent curly loc hawk from the weekend.  With a birthday celebration set with one of my girls, I figured it would be a great time to try the product!  Girlfriend celebrations-- you gotta look your best, right?!? 
 
 
Curly Loc Hawk: Curls set with water on perm rods

Sitting under the dryer after mohawk section was re-rolled
with Taliah Waajid's Crinkles & Curls
I purchased the product from a beauty supply for $10+.  Considering the product is sold on the Taliah Waajid website for $8, I definitely overpaid for the product.  Even on Amazon.com, this product sells for $11.  The product is what I expected: a setting foam to create curls.  One thing I noticed on the bottle was that this product can be used for wet sets or dry sets, which was a plus.  I re-rolled my sisterlocks that were previously curled using water.  The product application was easy-- I used one pump, and rolled a few sisterlocks on each perm rod. This product can be used on sisterlocks, traditional locs, and loose natural hair. 
 
After the middle section of the loc hawk was re-rolled, I sat under the dryer for 30 minutes.
 I did this partly in the interest of time and because only some of my hair was set on rollers.  As I am taking down the rollers, I am seeing beautiful springy curls!  The curls were tight because I used a smaller rod, but the spring effect was all the product!  The final product was amazing because of the Hair is setspringy spirals that have some hold to it!  I even went to the gym on day 3, and my curls are still springy!  The only change I would make would be getting it from Taliah Waajid's website for $8!


Finished product on Day 3.  Still very curly, and after going to the
gym for cardio!  Great hold!
 
 ~The Sisterlocked Diva

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review.

    I was going through my product cabinet and found a bottle of Crinkles & Curls that I had used once (the bottle is still full). Since I'm now swimming as part of my exercise routine, I need something that is easy to use but still effective. This stuff is great. My hair is soft and curly. I get a lot of frizz and this keeps it down.

    Thanks again for the review.

    ReplyDelete