Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sisterlocks at 8 months!

Sisterlocked for 8 Months!

By: Lauren Francis-Jackson
 
 
 
I can't believe it has been 8 months with my sisterlock babies!  I have learned a lot about my hair however my favorite thing-- leaving all the products behind and simplistic hair routines!!  Anybody who has known me for 2 seconds knows I am not about that "let me retwist every night" life!  I was definitely a lazy loose natural so I left my TWA short! 
 
Lock lost done the wash
 process



With my sisterlocks, they have been mostly healthy!  No slipping since the beginning of the locking process.  Unfortunately, I lost two locks during my last wash and retightening in the temple area. The owner of Natural Clarity LLC, Claire Green, explained how that hair on the hairline is rone to breakage.  These hairs have a natural breaking point, where the lock gradually thins and breaks off.  A similar process happens for loose naturals but is less noticeable since one is able to comb their hair.  The only way to remedy the situation is to break the lock off or attach it to another lock nearby to strengthen it.  So down to 568 locks!
 
Things that I am working on-- I need to increase my water intake!  This will help with my dry scalp as well as overall health.  It is getting better slowly but surely!
 
 
~The Sisterlocked Diva

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your blog! Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

    ReplyDelete