Thursday, January 10, 2013

Diva Letters

Diva Letters

By:  Lauren Francis-Jackson
 
 
New feature on the blog-- do you have question about natural hair, makeup, skin care, fashion or other beauty items?  You can even ask me questions about me!  Whatever your question, I will answer them here in this segment.  To ask your question, send me a message or email me!  I will respond here!  Here's our first one:
 
 
Nikki asks:  "What is your opinion of human hair braid extentions?  I am thinking about them for February and March"
 
 
The Sisterlocked Diva response: 
 
I LOVE braids Nikki!!  Braids are a great protective style because they allow your hair to completely rest since it is braided up.  I like different kinds of braids: sengalese, box braids, cornrows, afro twists, and kinky twists just to name a few.  I have used braids in my transition to natural, and as a protective style.  It is a great way to mix your hair up especially in the colder months.    I think it is important to keep a few things in mind with braids:
 
 
  •  Be careful with the braider!  Be sure she is not braiding the edges too tight as this can cause breakage.
  • You must take care of your hair while in this style!  You can still wash your hair and oil your scalp while in braids!
  • My preference:  I prefer human hair extentions
  • In preparation for braiding, do a good deep conditioner before beginning braids and afterwards.  Conditioning your hair is important for retaining length and maximizing growth. 
  • Maximum time to keep braids in your hair 6 to 8 weeks
Take care of YOUR hair while in braids and you will be fine!!

~The Sisterlocked Diva




No comments:

Post a Comment