Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Nurturing Fab Hair in 2013: My Hair Goals

Nurturing Fab Hair in 2013:  My Hair Goals

By:  Lauren Francis-Jackson
 
 
Happy New Year!  As we begin a new year it is a time for re-evaluation, and change!  We look at changes we want to make in different areas of our lives.  I encourage natural divas to write down their hair goals because if you don't know where you want to be how will you know what you are striving for with your hair?  Therefore, why not create some hair goals so you know what you want to attain with your hair? 
 
For me, my hair goals for 2013 are to continue to grow my sisterlocks by...
 
- Keeping to a consistent wash schedule
 
- Making healthy eating and drinking choices to support hair health
 
- Continue to use minimal products for daily styling (mainly water spritzing)
 
- Use mainly free styling, and alternate with fun styles that are not too tight
 
- Limit use of headbands to avoid stressing thinner locks
 
- Use a quality multi-vitamin to support body and hair health
 
 
And lastly I will say it, even though I know it's hard for me to get into a routine...
 
- Engage in more exercise for overall health, including hair
 
 
I have been taking good care of my hair, and this comes easy to me.  However, doing the right things for my body that impact hair growth and hair health is another story!!  I will plan to increase my water intake by scheduling times in the day when I will drink.  Anyone who knows me well-- I don't srink much of anything let alone water.  As far as exercise, I will plan to start by going three days in a week, and would love to gradually build up to five days a week.  I believe through steady gradual work I can build the healthier body which will in turn build healthier hair!
 
What are your hair goals for 2013?  What is your plan of action to achieve them?
 
~The Sisterlocked Diva

 

No comments:

Post a Comment